Namaste!

I'm going to add my two cents here (despite being a noob).

I like the dot syntax.

Why?

(and before I go any further, I realize this is not a Windows forum, and also realize this is a very general set of statements and quite open to debate)

Because, in the Windows world at least, the "dot" allowed you to refer to *members* of an object.

What are members? They are attributes of the object. In programming simplicity, they are: properties or methods.

So, what's wrong with the "dot" syntax?  Nada in my book.

A "fuller" implementation of the dot syntax is more desireable in my book. From whence I came, it sure made code very much more readable and quicker to write.

That being said, I don't have an issue with the way things are, nor do I really care much how they evolve, provided the evolution is for the better.

The bottom line, as long as your code is readable, digestible, consistent, and clearly commented in tricky spots for those who come after you (and yourself later down the road too), it really doesn't matter, does it?

Peace, Love, and Light,

/s/ Jon C. Munson II