Hello all,

it turns out that my application has been leaking a small amount of memory shortly after launching. I looked at the code and there was nothing obviously wrong, and yet Instruments (well, Leaks) tells me that it leaks. I then commented out all the code in all the awakeFromNib methods and in applicationDidFinishLaunching:. These are the only entry points in my app and, yet, Instruments still reports the same leak.

On a hunch, I decided to create a new project and run Leaks on it. I just chose a new Cocoa Application project, built it with no changes of any kind, then ran it under Leaks, and it leaks the same amount of memory as my app, and the same objects are being leaked: 144 bytes of NSPathStore2.

Just thought I'd pass this along for others to comment on and, perhaps, try on their own computers.

Wagner