Hi Chris,

Not having a menu and not being an "application" are not the same thing. If you don't want to have a menu around, simply hide it using the available mechanisms (e.g., [NSMenu setMenuBarVisible: NO] or kiosk mode) and create a window to cover the entire screen. IMHO, you'll be f"ighting the framework" if you try to force a window onto the screen without using the window server (which is there to help you - not be an insurmountable obstacle)

If you choose this route, make sure you give your user a way to return to a non-fullscreen mode of operations (typically, pressing the escape key will work for this task).

regards,

douglas