I need to be able to use a NSCollectionView inside of a cell for a NSOutlineView.

The outline view will have only a single column and look like:

  > Collapsible Row 1
      NSCollectionView 1

  > Collapsible Row 2
      NSCollectionView 2

and so on.

What I am uncertain about is just how to get the NSCollectionView inside of a table cell and be able to select an item inside of the collection view.

The NSCollectionView will contain a set of images with labels.

Of course, I could probably subclass a NSTextFieldCell and draw this all myself, but I would prefer to use the NSCollectionView which has all of the behaviors I want already done.

Any thoughts, comment and especially pointers to sample code would be appreciated.