I'm using a Core Data model and letting NSPersistentDocument manage the task of
finding and loading the application's model.   My model contains data that I am
displaying in a graph (SM2DGraphView)   A problem I'm having is that once the
model data is done loading I want to send a refresh message to the graph.
So, I put the refresh message at the end of the document's  initWithType:error:
 but this seems to be too early in the process and when the refresh asks the
NSArrayController bound to the data, it says it is empty, that is, canRemove
returns false.

I tried getting a notification with
NSManagedObjectContextObjectsDidChangeNotification but this didn't seem to
work.   I can post the code in case this should have worked, but first I wanted
to ask if there might be a simpler approach?

Thanks,

Philip