On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 5:01 AM, Matteo Manferdini
<mat.maili...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've finally come to the end of my app and now I need to test it with
> data. The test with some data generated manually goes weel, but now I
> have to fill the app with lots of data, to see how it behaves. Is
> there a common approach to doing this?

You mean you have written an application and haven't been testing it
throughout?  What do you plan to do when you have a rat's nest of
interrelated issues that you can't address without going back and
revamping your app's design?

> I came across the Cocoa scripting guide, and it seems the way to go,
> but I wonder if it would not be better to write some code that fills
> automatically the app instead of going through the guide to learn how
> to make my app scriptable.

If you want to get data into your app, you might want to look at
writing code to extract data from other sources, rather than starting
with that data and trying to get it into your app.  After all, you're
already writing your app's source code, you needn't treat it as a
black box.

> I'm using core data to store all application data, so maybe there is a
> way I'm not considering.

That would be an awfully generic problem to solve, wouldn't it?
"Given a program P, which we know uses Core Data in some capacity but
can do anything else beyond that, and an arbitrary set of test data T,
import T into P in a useful manner."  Smells like the Halting Problem.
 ;-)

--Kyle Sluder