Hello folks,
I have run into a strange issue.
I have a LineItem class featuring a NSDecimalNumber *unitaryPrice property. The property works allright all across my app, except in a single view controller.

I have this LineItemDataPickerViewController (UIViewController subclass) with

@property (nonatomic, retain) LineItem *lineItem;

Before displaying it, I set

controller.lineItem = aLineItem;

When the controller is displayed, in the viewWillDisplay:animated: method, I need to set the unitaryPrice value in the appropriate field, but before I perform some rounding.

NSDecimalNumberHandler *roundingBehavior = [NSDecimalNumberHandler decimalNumberHandlerWithRoundingMode:NSRoundBankers scale:2 raiseOnExactness:FALSE raiseOnOverflow:TRUE raiseOnUnderflow:TRUE raiseOnDivideByZero:TRUE]; NSDecimalNumber *roundedAmount = [lineItem.unitaryPrice decimalNumberByRoundingAccordingToBehavior:roundingBehavior];

And here the application terminates and I get this error message

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '*** -[NSCFNumber decimalNumberByRoundingAccordingToBehavior:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x10755e0'

for what it'w worthm, I tried also the following change, which was useless. NSDecimalNumber *roundedAmount = (NSDecimalNumber *) [lineItem.unitaryPrice decimalNumberByRoundingAccordingToBehavior:roundingBehavior];

I spent a couple of hours analysing the flow with the debugger. The controller.lineItem property is correctly set, and the lineItem.unitaryPrice object is seen as a NSDecimalNumber until BEFORE the LineItemDataPickerViewController is loaded and viewWillAppear:animated is called. Then, inside this method, lineItem.unitaryPrice is seen as an "out of scope" NSCFNumber.

I've been googling, and this discussion here is the closest thing I found to my issue:

http://www.cocoadev.com/index.pl?NSDecimalNumbersSeenAsNSNumbers

Any suggestion? Could this be a bug?

Davide