I am trying to define a pure data object in Cocoa. This object doesn't do anything, it should just act as a container for three strings. This is generally a good design pattern, at least in Java.

In Cocoa, I am running into a lot of resistance. The constructor is rather complicated.

And the compiler complains about this:

- (id)initWithLabel:(NSString *)label pin:(NSString *)pin seed: (NSString *)seed {
        if (self = [super init]) {
                self.label = label; ///<----------- compiler complains
                self.pin = pin;
                self.seed = seed;
        }
        return self;
}

I get three warnings that say "local declaration of x overrides instance variables. I thought I could differentiate between the parameters and the instance variables using self.variable vs just variable.

What's the Cocoa way of doing this? Do I really have to name the parameters pLabel, pSeed, and pPin? Or would it be better to just keep that stuff in a Dictionary object?

Thanks for any help,

        Nik