Hi!

I'm taking a set of 10-20 jpegs that I'd like to animate. I started out just using a UIImageView using setAnimationImages: and everything worked fantastically in the simulator but testing it on my device basically makes it slow to the point where it is unresponsive. I've done some searching around and some people indicate that they are able to use CALayers to get this same effect but before going down that path I thought I would ask you folks.

What is the best way of doing this?

Alex