On Feb 26, 2009, at 3:29 PM, James Cicenia wrote:
hmmm...

Well I am WebObjects guy, so, I know java pretty darn well and it is fast on the server. I love developing for the iphone. And I find objective-c to be really nice with this one
major hole in my knowledge.

Anyway, I do load something from a preferences file. So how do I debug that on the phone?

How do you set up the registration defaults in the first place? If you are using NSUserDefaults, you should be using -registerDefaults:.

Now, if you are talking about loading a file manually, do you:

- check to see if the file exists (NSFileManager's fileExistsAtPath:)?

- check to see if reading the file worked (dictionaryWithContentsOfFile: returned something)?

- check to see if it contains what you expect?

b.bum