On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 8:01 AM, vinai <for_use...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Thanks for your feedback.  I AM coming from a non-Cocoa background, and I was
> hoping to keep some picture of how the GUI was interacting with my code at a
> fairly low level.

Crawl before you walk, walk before you run.

Writing your GUI in code is a useful and educational exercise. But it
will only be useful and educational if you do it *after* you are
already proficient with the standard way of doing things. Get good
with the basics (which means using nibs), and once you're comfortable
with that, you'll be in a much better position to go off and
experiment with code-based GUIs, if you should still feel a desire to.

Mike