On 04/04/2009, at 11:17 PM, Ken Thomases wrote:

Unless I've missed something, you left out an important part. How are you storing/serializing the date information and later "recovering" it?

Ah, good point ;-)

The date is added to a dictionary. The dictionary is then archived. Decoding is simply dearchiving. The SHA-1 hash is stored in the same dictionary as NSData. On decoding I can recover all the objects OK as far as my own testing can establish - unfortunately getting a debug trace on the tester's machine is not really possible, so exactly where it's failing I can't be sure.

The reason I suspect the localisation is that an earlier version definitely broke with system locale because I was using the - description method of the date to compute the hash, not the -hash method, and -description was being formatted according to the system locale.

--Graham