I have a timer that continues calling a method that for the moment (testing
purposes) only contains:
NSArray *tmp = [NSArray arrayWithArray:animatingTilesArray];

The time is setup like this:
animationTimer    = [NSTimer scheduledTimerWithTimeInterval:0.5 target:self
selector:@selector(doAnimation:) userInfo:nil repeats:YES];

When I run this in ObjectAlloc, it shows that every instance of the 'tmp'
array created above is 'created and still living'. Considering it's an
auto-released array shouldn't there only be zero or one still living?
Just for fun I also tried:

   NSArray *tmp = [animatingTilesArray copy];
   [tmp release];

... but ObjectAlloc said the same thing. If I let this run for awhile my
ObjectAlloc trace continues to climb.

Anyone know why this is?