On Apr 23, 2009, at 4:48 AM, Mario Kušnjer wrote:

So yes, what API should I be using that has the ability to perform writing (and reading) to a file on disk (local or remote) without file-locking and other options related to this subject (that enables multiple users access the same file at the asme time and perform actions on the same) ?

I'd be extremely surprised to find out that there are any such APIs at all, provided by Apple. Collaborative editing will probably become a staple in the future and might one day have an Apple-provided engine or API (just as Core Animation, for example), but I seriously doubt it that such is the case now, the reason being that it's too specialized a task for the time being.

Wagner