On Apr 27, 2009, at 2:20 PM, Jay Reynolds Freeman wrote:
Well, this is an interesting problem, because there are still people running Tiger out there, and some with earlier OSes, and even developers who just bought a shiny new Leopard machine might wish to support them. And it has always seemed a little like tempting fate to me, just to set Xcode for an earlier OS and
proceed without testing what it builds.

Yes, but how many of the Tiger users are actually buying new software?

Most of the random stats that I have seen have shown that users of older versions of an OS don't typically lay down $$ for software anyway. Supporting those that are already your customer is nice/ polite/good, but looking to those markets for new users is likely futile.

According to Omni's site (http://update.omnigroup.com/), 87.5% of downloads are to Intel based machines, for example.

b.bum