On May 8, 2009, at 6:59 AM, Shraddha Karwan wrote:

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Gwynne Raskind <gwy...@darkrainfall.org >wrote:

Please don't suppress the standard dialer screen. As long as it remains, the user has no doubt about what you're doing, and how to interact with the
interface.

It would worry me if there *was* a way to suppress it. Control of the
device belongs to the user, and providing a single funnel interface (the tel: protocol and its associated UI) to the dialing system brings us one
step closer to assuring that.

-- Gwynne, Daughter of the Code
"This whole world is an asylum for the incurable."

Thanks for the response.
So is there any means by which I can change the orientation of the dialer
when the device orientation changes?

You should check/ask on the official iPhone developer forums: <http://devforums.apple.com/ > where issues like this have been discussed in the past.

Glenn Andreas                      gandr...@gandreas.com
The most merciful thing in the world ... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents - HPL