yes i did try, i would send the data, and nothing would show up in the property list file. but there would be no crash, no error, nothing, but no results either. so after reading the same documentation you also saw, I assumed it had to be NSDictionary, rather than NSMutableDictionary. It is most likely the wrong assumption, but i could get nothing from the line of code below.

here is the line i used... simply substituting this in, instead of the NSData stuff, and atleast it doesn't crash and burn... but it also produces nothing in the property list.

        [defaults setObject:bookMarkList forKey:PECBookMarkListKey];

so again, I must be doing something fundamentally wrong here?

this also does not explain why the NSData line of code would implode, even if my assumption was wrong in that case, something else must also be wrong there.
Jon.