Gwynne Raskind wrote:

Note that OS X's Force Quit command doesn't send SIGKILL immediately; I believe it sends SIGINT and SIGQUIT before resorting to SIGKILL, ...

On 10.4 and 10.5, it sends SIGTERM before resorting to SIGKILL.

In some earlier OS version, SIGINT may have been used instead of SIGTERM. I'd have to bring up an old machine to find out.

I don't recall SIGQUIT ever being used for Force Quit, but I could be wrong. If ever it was, it was in Elder Days.

  -- GG