On 4 Jun 2009, at 21:47:47, Ricky Sharp wrote:

For a kiosk, you should definitely consider your own UI. That's what I have done. You'll also find that if your app will be exclusively used in touch environments, some of the Aqua controls may not fit well at all (since they were designed primarily for point-and-click). (Same thing goes for iPhone OS UI; totally different set of controls and behaviors).

Design point: I wouldn't click an iPhone control and I wouldn't tap an Aqua control. It doesn't look right for the purpose, therefore it doesn't feel right for the purpose. For a touch interface on the Mac, roll your own UI style.