On Jun 6, 2009, at 7:14 AM, Martin Batholdy wrote:

I have created a method that do something with an NSArray.

Now when I use the method and give it an NSMutableArray instead of an NSArray,
I get a warning;

"passing argument x of "method" from distinct objective-c type"

Now, the result is ok. Everything is working how it is intended.

So, should I just ignore the message?
Or is that bad practice ...?

It's bad practice to ignore the message. However, you must have misunderstood something about the situation because you would not receive that message in the situation you describe. The only way to solve this misunderstanding is for you to show your code. Show the declaration of the method you've created; show the code which includes the call of that method (which should, according to what you've said, include the line which is generating the compiler warning); show the declaration of the variables you're using.

Regards,
Ken