On 11/06/2009, at 11:38 PM, Martin Batholdy wrote:

my program crashes if I add a variable declaration to a header file.
I really don't understand what the hell is wrong with it;

Is this the same problem as your earlier post? It seems like maybe you're trying to do stuff with NSObjects before the runtime is initialised properly. Obviously it's not adding the extra ivar that's causing the problem, but some other problem that this exposes. What objects are you creating when? Are you doing anything in main()? Generally your app shouldn't start to do any processing until the app delegate gets the green light in the form of - applicationWillFinishLaunching: or similar.

Try also enabling NSZombieEnabled, as it sounds like you may have a memory management problem (over-release most likely).

--Graham