On 12/06/2009, at 12:28 AM, Martin Batholdy wrote:

It is pretty strange to me.
I changed something in another file that has nothing to do with the file that I am having problems with and now it works ...

Does anyone know how this could be?

Of course not, since we haven't seen one shred of your code.

Try also enabling NSZombieEnabled, as it sounds like you may have a memory management problem (over-release most likely).

So I release more stuff than I should be?
But wouldn't that lead to more obvious wrong behavior, as the app don't have the information it needs at some point ..?

Who knows? We haven't seen the code. Over-release very often leads to "weird" behaviour because the place in memory where the object used to reside is now occupied by another object. Or not... sometimes the second release will provoke a crash but very often it won't, being handled as a legitimate message on the new object. How this manifests itself in your app will vary and is highly unpredictable. NSZombieEnabled makes the situation more predictable by reserving the released memory and trapping any further messages to it.

The Debugger Debugger is attaching to process

And then what? It should tell you why it stopped and where.

--Graham