Hi,

I have read:

TrueType Reference Manual:
http://developer.apple.com/textfonts/TTRefMan/

FontHandling:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/FontHandling/FontHandling.pdf

and

About drawing text with Cocoa NSString and NSAtrributedString, etc.

and

"Introduction to Quartz 2D Porgramming Guide"

but with no luck.

I have also seached the internet for "descent for glyphs"

but with no luck.

To clarify this and my original question: It is easy to find infomation about how to get a fonts ascent and descent, but I cant find any info about getting ascent/descent fot individual glyphs.