From: cocoa-dev-bounces+jeff.laing=spatialinfo....@lists.apple.com
[mailto:cocoa-dev-bounces+jeff.laing=spatialinfo....@lists.apple.com] On Behalf
Of Nick Zitzmann
Sent: Wednesday, 24 June 2009 2:14 PM
To: Dave DeLong
Cc: cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com
Subject: Re: Cocoa and email (SMTP/POP3)

On Jun 23, 2009, at 9:42 PM, Dave DeLong wrote:

> 3.5: Use /usr/sbin/sendmail:  Create an NSTask that launches /usr/
> sbin/sendmail, configures the headers, and then just pipes your
> email through the task's standardInput.

I can't really recommend doing that in a non-internal app, though,
because if the user only has a static IP address and no domain name,
then a good deal of mail servers won't accept the mail from the host
unless they identify using a fake host name and get lucky.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>

This email sent to jeff.la...@spatialinfo.com