On Aug 1, 2009, at 8:03 AM, Richard Somers wrote:

The error message "Cannot perform operation without a managed object context" indicates the binding is not working.

Upon further investigation I have discovered that my window controller -document method returns nil. So as far as the binding is concerned I have no document and no managed object context. I thought the - document method would automatically return a pointer to my persistent document but that is not the case. I thought about using -setDocument but the documentation states that you should never directly call this method.

So how do I get my NSWindowController subclass -document method to return a pointer to my persistent document?

Richard

P.S. I am getting better at debugging bindings. It is possible:)