I have my own event-loop where I call nextEventMatchingMask: repeatedly.
Many examples I found just pass a untilDate of [NSDate distantPast] to get
this behaviour as stated in the documentation but this doesn't seem to work
for me - even in a very simple setting.
Can anyone see what's wrong?

int main(int argc, char **args){
    NSRect frame = NSMakeRect(100, 100, 500, 400);

    NSApplication *application = [NSApplication sharedApplication];
    NSWindow* window  = [[NSWindow alloc] initWithContentRect:frame

styleMask:NSBorderlessWindowMask|NSClosableWindowMask|NSMiniaturizableWindowMask|NSResizableWindowMask
                                        backing:NSBackingStoreBuffered
                                        defer:NO];

    // Start the main event loop:
    [application finishLaunching];