On Sep 6, 2009, at 4:51 PM, Greg Guerin wrote:

The OP said stringByResolvingSymlinksInPath does the same thing, which seems incorrect to me, if the pathname is initially valid and contains symlinks. However, if the pathname is invalid (doesn't exist, as determined by some function like stat()), then the behavior for both stringByResolvingSymlinksInPath and stringByStandardizingPath seems correct to me.

Huh? I never said the path was invalid. "/Code/Murky" is a perfectly cromulent path on my machine, although it goes through a symlink.