Boxwork is seeking an experienced UI developer with Cocoa experience to augment its digital capture software team. The developer will design interfaces to manage complex color and image manipulation tasks.

Responsibilities:

        • Participate in design activities with team members
        • Discuss requirements with end users
• Implement, test, debug, document and integrate new User Interface components into existing code base

Requirements:

        • Very good knowledge of Cocoa/Objective-C, at least 3 year experience
        • Must have worked on shipping Cocoa products
        • Experience with Quartz
        • Experience with customizing Cocoa controls
        • Passion for user interface
        • Knowledge of Apple Human Interface Guidelines
• Ability to work on-location in Manhattan (no off-site consultants please)

Useful experience:

        • OpenGL
        • Sketch and wireframe possible user interfaces
        • Subversion or git

Job Benefits (beside the industry standards):

• Be part of a small team of experienced developers who enjoy creative freedom.
        • Work in a large, bright Manhattan office.
• Contribute to an exciting product that will be publicly launched to change the world of digital photography.

Who is Boxwork:

Boxwork is the digital division of Box, a multimedia company founded by Pascal Dangin, that combines technical innovation and artistic sensibility. Using customized tools we offer a full suite of creative services from digital capture and image fabrication to exhibition and book publishing. Work by Box regularly appears on the covers and pages of major publications, television and cable networks, in fine art books and museums as well as some of the world's leading advertising campaigns.

Boxwork includes an internal research and development team that acts as a think tank to create novel solutions for internal and external production and administrative challenges. Our expert programmers, engineers and technicians work side by side to quickly turn ideas into realities. As a result we have several software and hardware products that have given us a range of tools to address digital capture, digital asset management, workflow oversight, color profiling, color enhancement and color management. We see these tools as a differentiator that keeps Box continually on the forefront of the industry.

Please send your resumes to:

boxworkj...@boxstudios.com

Boxwork (a division of Box)
412 West 14th street
New York, NY 10014

On moderator request: all replies to this e-mail off-list please.