it’s quite possible that the library he’s using is public API, and if so, my
apologies.

however, every other wrapper has been using private API. Unfortunately,
moderation doesn’t provide the time to examine code posted on third party
blogs. The fact that the class is called “Apple Remote” doesn’t exactly give
you any indication that it isn’t on one of the third party libs that do use
hacks.

> I am trying to use the Apple Remote Control Wrapper by Martin Kahr. I made a
> simple implementation per the website, which just logs mouse events:

If it is, great. my apologies to Harry. Kudos to Martin (with the exception of
the class naming)

> What private API is used? All I saw in the code were documented IOKit calls.
> I thought that if something's obviously is exposed via public API like IOKit,
> it would be considered public API.
>
> I'm not trying to be contrary or anything, I'm simply trying to figure out
> which aspect of that code should have set off warning bells that it didn’t.

that examining code on unlinked website isn’t something that volunteer