> But where are the ones from apple... that's what i'm wondering,
> Why do we have to duplicate work that evidently has already been done.
> I'm confused as why apple is not including it in it's development tools.
> it makes no sense to me...

Because it takes longer to release new UI widgets as general-purpose tools
than it does to create them in isolation in a single app? Because it takes
more work to create a widget + an IB plug-in that it does to code up the
widget in an app?

New plug-ins *have* been added to IB some time after widgets show up in
Apple apps (toolbars come to mind), but Apple can't do everything at once
and they're certainly not going to hold up shipping new features in
iWhatever just because you'll want the IB plug-in at the same time.

Any particular widget you have a need for, file an enhancement request...

--
Scott Ribe
scott_r...@killerbytes.com