On 17/11/2009, at 6:21 AM, Harry Plate wrote:

> But, what I am having trouble with is communicating with "File's Owner".
> When I instantiate the NIB, I pass my class as owner - then when the
> controller is called via -awakeFromNib, I need to communicate with that
> class to get some additional information.
>
> How is that done?

You pass your class (instance) as owner. Therefore you have it. You don't need
to get it again from the nib, it's the same object that you passed in the first
place.

By the way, passing another object as File's Owner is slightly unusual -
normally that would be 'self', in that the controller responsible for the nib
is usually its owner.