On 18-Nov-09, at 8:40 AM, Eric Gorr wrote:

On Nov 18, 2009, at 7:42 AM, Ben Haller wrote:

Given the deafening silence on this, I'm putting in a Radar on the problem (7404209) and moving on. :->

Have you tried reproducing the problem with a test application?

I think the reason for the deafening silence is because no one else has experienced a problem. I know that in every case I've used setTooltip:, it has worked as expected.

Well, the problem manifested itself from the very earliest stages of development of my app. As soon as I put buttons in my window, I tried to put tooltips on them, and it didn't work then, and it hasn't worked since. I haven't gone and re-constructed a trivially simple app that reproduces it, but I don't think that would be hard. The code snippets I posted are really all my app is doing that has any relevance to these buttons, I think. I get the impression that others are not seeing it because it's a problem that specially bites apps that build their UI in code, instead of in IB, and that's rare. I was trying to fish for someone who would say "I build my UI in code, and I don't see this problem," but nobody spoke up. Are you such a person?

Ben Haller
Stick Software