Is anyone out there using WebViews in modal panels?  If so, what are you doing
to get around it's issues with NSURLConnection? (Presuming it's still an issue
in Snow Leopard?  Which it certainly seem like from what I've seen...)

Our current solution is to use a custom subclass of NSURLConnection and
poseAsClass, however this has two BIG issues with it.  1) poseAsClass is
deprecated, and 2) this is being done in a plugin, which really makes me feel
like we're being a "bad citizen" by replacing a class that might be used by the
host application or by other plugins.

The only other real option I've seen out there is to use
beginModalSessionForWindow/runModalSession/endModalSession and execute the
default runloop within the modal run loop.
(http://www.dejal.com/blog/2007/01/cocoa-topics-case-modal-webview)

Unfortunately, in our case we don't have control of the initial modal session
setup (being a plugin) so that isn't a solution we can use.

So...are there any other workable solutions out there?  Alternatives to
poseAsClass that can be undone? Solutions that use the WebView delegate
methods? (I'm currently trying this, but we use a lot of interactive
Javascript, so I haven't quite gotten it to work yet.)  Other possibilities?

Or is there some hope of WebView supporting modal sessions/panels sometime
soon? (or some API I'm missing...?)

        - Leif