Hello.  I'm not making much progress on this by myself so I thought I'd ask for
a helping hand.  I am writing a small app for my 5 year old.  In it I've got a
10 x 10 matrix with a custom NSCell prototype.  He is asked a question and is
required to click on the correct  NSCell(s).  If he clicks on a wrong cell I
want to draw the cell Red but have it fade to it's normal color over a period
of about 1 second.

I think this is really a color question, though I'm not sure.  I figured I'd
just set a timer and redraw the cell (drawInteriorWithFrame: inView: ) applying
an ever decreasing alpha but this just results in the cell eventually being
drawn black.

Any suggestions about how to proceed?
  -- Thanks.