For those who were helping out with my problems with Undo, and others who might
be interested, I've released my Undo implementation here:
http://apptree.net/gcundomanager.htm

I'd be interested to hear any feedback, criticism, suggestions, praise or
whatever.

In adding this class to my app, all the problems I was having have simply
vanished, which is a great relief. The slightly more surprising thing is that
it also quickly helped me to reveal some errors in the logic of how certain
parts of the app were doing undo-type things, because I could quickly dump the
undo stacks to the log and also single-step through each operation. For that
alone, this would have been worth doing.

So, thanks for all your help everyone, and I hope this small contribution to
the Cocoa community will be useful.