On 22/12/2009, at 4:05 PM, Gerriet M. Denkmann wrote:

> When later I reset the filterPredicates back to the simple (working) mode, I
> get another exception:
> HIToolbox: ignoring exception 'Cannot remove an observer <arrayController1>
> for the key path "theBs.bValue" from <A-entity 0x114f02a10> because it is not
> registered as an observer.' that raised inside Carbon event dispatch
>
> 1. This is a Cocoa document based app, using Core Data. Why this "Carbon
> event dispatch". And who is HIToolbox?

Cocoa sits atop Carbon. So all this means is that an exception didn't get
caught until it reached the Carbon layers. I don't think such exceptions were
previously logged before 10.6, though they undoubtedly did occur.

You need to concentrate on where the exception came from and stop it from being
raised, not where it ended up getting caught.

--Graham