On Dec 23, 2009, at 7:41 PM, Richard Somers wrote:

> In my application when I do the following something strange happens.
>
> Add a managed object to the store, save the file, then save the file as
> another name.
>
> Upon saving the file with another name, core data will create and then
> destroy some kind of transitory shadow object of the same kind as the one in
> the store.
>
> Is this normal?

Just a wild guess --- are you saving atomically ?    When writing NSData
objects, as one
example, you can write to file atomically, in which case the object is written
to a backup file
which is renamed if the write succeeds.    The idea is that the write either
succeeds or fails,
but nothing in between that would leave a corrupted file . . .

    Cheers,
        . . . . . . . .    Henry

iPhone App Development and Developer Education . . .
        Visit  www.nonatomic-retain.com

Mac OSX Application Development, Plus a Great Deal More . . .
        Visit  www.trilithon.com