On Jan 12, 2010, at 12:51 PM, Rainer Standke wrote:

> The contextinfo's class is logged as NSConcreteMutableData. How can I get
> back to the array? Why is contextinfo considered to be of class void in the
> signature?
>
> What am I missing? (Another newbie thing I suspect...)

If you're using RR, then you must manually retain the array, and release it in
the did-end selector, because in this case, the autorelease pool is deleting
the array, and the pointer is being reassigned. The reason is because
contextInfo is a void * and can be set to any memory address, not just an
object, so the beginSheet method does not retain the object.

If you're using GC, and the pointer's address is being re-assigned, then it
probably got finalized behind your app's back, and so you can emulate
retain/release in this case by using the disable/enable methods of
NSGarbageCollector.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>