On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:44:55 -0500, "Eric E. Dolecki" <edole...@gmail.com>
said:
>Currently I am using CATransition to display a subview:
>
>[window addSubview:monthView.view];
>
>CATransition *animation = [CATransition animation];
>
>[animation setDuration:0.25];
>
>*[animation setDelegate:self];*
>
>[animation setType:kCATransitionPush];
>
>[animation setSubtype:kCATransitionFromLeft];
>
>[animation setTimingFunction:[CAMediaTimingFunction
>functionWithName:kCAMediaTimingFunctionEaseInEaseOut]];
>
>[[monthView.view layer] addAnimation:animation forKey:@"fadeIn"];
>

>So that delegate opens up a callback for animationDidStop:
>
>- (void)animationDidStop:(CAAnimation *)theAnimation finished: (BOOL)flag {
>
>However I also have a method to dismiss a subView using CATransition - and
>the same callback is called. How can I determine what the *key* is in the
>animationDidStop? I basically just need to determine in what context the
>animationDidStop is being called.
>
>Thanks for any pointers. Continuing to Google.

I think this is what you're looking for:

http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/CoreAn
imation_guide/Articles/KVCAdditions.html

What this extremely cool first section is trying to tell you is that you can
set an arbitrary non-existent key on your animation and retrieve it later.
"Arbitrary" means you define the key - as if a CAAnimation were an
NSDictionary. So you can mark your animation in any way you want, as a way
of identifying it later. Example code typed in mail, don't take literally:

CATransition *animation = [CATransition animation];
[animation setValue: @"fadeIn" forKey: @"wtfIsThis"];

And later:

- (void)animationDidStop:(CAAnimation *)theAnimation finished: (BOOL)flag {
   id wtf = [theAnimation valueForKey: @"wtfIsThis"]; // and so on

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.tidbits.com/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!