On 2010 Feb 12, at 19:06, Roland King wrote:

> http://cocoawithlove.com/2008/03/testing-core-data-with-very-big.html

> This guy was working on sets of 1 million objects and doing fetches with
> indexed properties was taking about 2 seconds, vs non-indexed, 600 seconds.

Damn.  I never knew that Core Data supported indexes in its sqlite databases.
There is no mention of it in the Core Data Programming Guide (searched pdf for
'index').  And I had to read Matt Gallagher's blog post three times before I
finally found this teeny tiny tidbit:

   "using the checkbox in the XCode Data Model editor"

I opened a model and, sure enough, there it was.  I must have seen that
hundreds of times and never realized what it was for.

Back to the original topic, malcolm should try this with his uuid.