On Feb 13, 2010, at 7:57 PM, Trygve Inda wrote:

>> Trygve Inda (cocoa...@xericdesign.com) on 2010-02-14 22:13 said:
>>
>>> In code based largely on Apple's SourceView, I am drawing by IconAndTextCell
>>> and getting a crash...
>>>
>>> Anyone seen this and know what it might be?
>>>
>>> I have added code to draw a badge which I am updating frequently - if I only
>>> call it once, it works ok... But if it is called rapidly I get:
>>>
>>> Thread 0 Crashed:  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
>>> 0   libobjc.A.dylib                   0x00007fff818ab120 objc_msgSend + 44
>>
>> Have you read this?
>>
>> <http://www.sealiesoftware.com/blog/archive/2008/09/22/
>> objc_explain_So_you_crashed_in_objc_msgSend.html>
>>
>> Sean
>>
>> --
>> "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary
>> depends upon him not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
>>

> Most excellent!
>
> Thank you for this reference... As obviously I had not come across it.
>
> Maybe I will get to do some non-work this Saturday night.

One bit caught my eye immediately:

Thread 0 Crashed:  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   libobjc.A.dylib                   0x00007fff818ab120 objc_msgSend + 44
1   com.apple.CoreFoundation          0x00007fff867ac246
_CFAutoreleasePoolPop + 230
        <<<<<<<<  ========
2   com.apple.AppKit                  0x00007fff81a69d3d -[NSTableView
drawRow:clipRect:] + 1343
3   com.apple.AppKit                  0x00007fff81a695cb -[NSTableView

Possibly something got released that should not have been released ?

    Cheers,
        . . . . . . . .    Henry

iPhone App Development and Developer Education . . .
        Visit  www.nonatomic-retain.com

Mac OSX Application Development, Plus a Great Deal More . . .
        Visit  www.trilithon.com