OK... I've got what must be a trivial problem.  I'm running two applications on
the same computer (intel iMac).  I'm just cutting and pasting code from the
XCode help pages, describing how to vend and obtain a distributed object.  Code
is below:

Application #1:

        myConduit = [[ServerConduit alloc] init];
        conduitConnection = [[NSConnection new] autorelease];
        [conduitConnection setRootObject:myConduit];
        if ([conduitConnection registerName:@"rvserver"] == NO) {
                /* Handle error. */
                printf("\nno\n");
        }

Application #2:

        id theProxy;
        BOOL valid;
        NSConnection* theConnection = [NSConnection
connectionWithRegisteredName:@"rvserver" host:nil];
        theProxy = [theConnection rootProxy];

All lines of App1 execute with no error, and there are no nil returned values.

App2 gets a valid connection, but hangs when getting the rootProxy.  It's so
simple that it defies debugging!  Can anyone help?

Regards,
Eric