On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 13:56:56 -0800, Rainer Standke <li...@standke.com> said:
>Hello,
>
>I have a Cocoa app that tries to take advantage of existing ruby code.
>I basically want to use several scripts from a RubyCocoa application
>in my app. Is there a way to do that?

I use NSTask (along with NSPipe and NSFileHandle) for calling Ruby code, but
be aware that you are dependent upon the end-user's Ruby setup, where you
can't rely on particular gems being installed or even on a particular
version of Ruby.

And of course RubyCocoa itself is not about Ruby per se, but about Ruby
bridging to Objective-C; the only way to get *that* is to write your app in
RubyCocoa (or MacRuby). m.

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.tidbits.com/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!