I am running into a weird error and I don't know why it's happening. I am adding an image that comes from a Quartz Composer composition to a dictionary. The dictionary is archived, and when that happens I see the following message in the console:

        -[QCNSBitmapImageRep encodeWithCoder:]: Inconsistent state

The image description looks like this:

        NSImage 0x255d0630 Size={604, 539} Reps=(
            QCNSBitmapImageRep 0x246f4520
            Size={604, 539}
            ColorSpace=NSCalibratedRGBColorSpace
            BPS=8
            BPP=32
            Pixels=604x539
            Alpha=YES
            Planar=NO
            Format=1
        )

As a workaround I'm making a copy of the image, which generates a NSCachedImageRep, and the dictionary (and image) archives with no problem. I'm just wondering what's going on and if I have to live with making an image copy or if I'm otherwise doing something wrong. BTW, this is on 10.5.8.

steve