On Mar 29, 2010, at 3:29 PM, Gustavo Pizano wrote:

> I have, Invoice < ->> ItemXInvoice << > Invoice,  the Array controller I set
> up with ItemXInvoice entity, and when I click an add button I do:

Whenever possible, manipulate relationships directly. Perhaps you do this, but
the code isn't shown. If your array controller is bound to the relationship,
you shouldn't have make any calls to it at all. It will update itself. If it
isn't updating, it means you aren't using your relationships properly.

>       Item  * newItem = [NSEntityDescription
> insertNewObjectForEntityForName:@"Item" inManagedObjectContext:[self
> managedObjectContext]];
>       ItemXInvoice * newItemXInvoice = [NSEntityDescription
> insertNewObjectForEntityForName:@"ItemXInvoice" inManagedObjectContext: [self
> managedObjectContext]];
>       [newItemXInvoice setValue:newItem forKey:@"toItem"];
>       [newItem addToInvoiceXItemsObject:newItemXInvoice];
>       [_itemsArrayController addObject:newItemXInvoice];
>       if(_newInvoice == nil){
>               _newInvoice = [NSEntityDescription
> insertNewObjectForEntityForName:@"Invoice" inManagedObjectContext:[self
> managedObjectContext]];
>       }
>       [_newInvoice addToItemsXInvoiceObject:newItemXInvoice];
>
> So Im creating a ItemXInvoice relate it to an Item and then relate it to the
> Invoice relationship as you say. Unless I misunderstood your point and the
> NSArrayController (ItemXInvoice)  the Array Content binding shall be set to
> the instance with keypath: _newInvoice.toItemXInvoice... I dunno its late
> here in this part of the work, Im just rumble around..
>
> Any thoughts?

I would need to know what the -add* methods do to make any suggestions. Chances
are, these methods are not updating the relationships properly.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.