On Apr 5, 2010, at 12:15 PM, Charles Burnstagger wrote:

> When I place standard controls on top of one of my custom gradient views,
> when clicked, they also draw their rects with the same gradient - even though
> I don't include any code to do that. Do I need to lockFocus or some other
> aspect of CG on my custom view before I draw my gradient in my view's
> drawRect: method?

What happens is when those controls redraw, some part of your view is
invalidated, so you are asked to draw again. I suspect that when you draw, you
are then using the rect parameter passed to -drawRect: to determine the extends
of the gradient – which is incorrect.

The rect parameter passed to -drawRect: is only a hint as to what parts of the
view need to be redrawn. You should always do your drawing with respect to your
view's bounds.
--
David Duncan
Apple DTS Animation and Printing