I've got a problem that I had working, but my app suddenly seems broken, and
I'm not sure if I did something or what. All I know is old versions of my app
work, but now my code base doesn't.

I've got a UI with a NSTableView at the top, and some individual fields at the
bottom. Typical UI where you click on a table row and it shows you the values
in the fields.

Now one of the fields shown in the table is a derived value from the base
fields. I have continuous update values set in the NSTextField at the bottom.
So what I expect as you type in the field, the value in the table gets
continuously updated also. (I'm using keyPathsForValuesAffectingXXXX etc for
the derived field).

But what's happening is if I type in the lower field, the value gets sent to
the derived field in the table, but then Text field gets immediately set back
to the original value. So the effect is you type one character and it is lost
as far as the lower field is concerned, but the derived value in the table is
updated. You can only ever change one character. And also the lower text field
loses focus.

I've put break points in all the setters and getters, and there seems like no
reason for this odd behavior. I can't see how the field would get set back to
the old value.

If I turn off Continuously  Update Value, it works sensibly, albeit not as nice
since you've got to exit the field to have everything in synch.

Any thoughts?