My Cocoa app consists of GUI component and an agent foundation component in a
conventional bundle.

The agent can execute without the GUI to provide a network accessible service.

I would like AppleScripts run by the foundation tool to be able to target a
scriptable helper app.
I would prefer NOT to target my app as this would expose the GUI.

I don't want to load additional AppleScript objects (via AS load script) or
write a scripting addition.

Thus I need to target another app, let's call it the Helper app.
The Image Events application in /system/library/coreservices comes to mind here.

My questions are:

1. Presumably I have to target a fully fledged application bundle and cannot
somehow route my AE requests to the foundation tool itself.

2. Can I embed the helper app in the main app bundle and engineer some way for
AppleScript to be able to target it?
I seem to remember reading something about app bundles enclosed with other apps
but cannot recall it.
I don't really want to have two external app bundles.

3.When configuring a Cocoa app to behave like Image events.app is it sufficient
just to declare  LSBackgroundOnly = "1" in the info.plist?

Regards

Jonathan Mitchell

Developer
http://www.mugginsoft.com