Hi All,

Does anyone know of a resource that helps understand how to NOT use interface
builder for developing applications?

I am trying to create a iPad SplitView application and I dont quite understand
if I want to put code to create additional interface elements in: -
(void)configureView or - (void)viewDidLoad

Say I wanted to add a UITextView and display it.

Wouldn't I do something like:

CGRect bounds = [[UIScreen mainScreen] applicationFrame];

UITextView *theTextView = [[UITextView alloc] initWithFrame:bounds];
[theTextView setContentView:theTextView];
[theTextView makeKeyAndOrderFront:nil];
[theTextView makeFirstResponder:theTextView];

[theTextView show];

But I dont know if it displays, I was thinking that maybe this is something to
do with that fact the project uses Interface Builder and I dont want to.

-ML