On 31 May 2010, at 22:23, Jean-Daniel Dupas wrote:

> Le 31 mai 2010 à 20:50, Rafael Cerioli a écrit :
>
>> Well, that's curious. I'm  surely missing a particular setting because when
>> I don't manually link that lib (and it's the same with libstdc++), I get
>> link errors. Do you know if there is a setting that controls that behavior ?

With libstdc++, you need to make sure you're using the g++ driver rather than
gcc, otherwise you will indeed need to manually link it.

> I don't think the compiler try to link on it automatically, but as it is a
> "subframework" of Foundation (a library marked as LC_REEXPORT_DYLIB), you
> usually never have to bother with it as virtually any obj-c piece of code on
> OS X links on this framework.

Ah, OK :-)  I hadn't appreciated Apple had done it that way, but since you
can't really use ObjC without Foundation (unless you write *all* your own
classes, obviously), it makes sense I suppose.

Kind regards,

Alastair.

--
http://alastairs-place.net